Our clinical trials staff are highly trained in conducting research in a safe and efficient manner. There are strict regulations and guidelines in place that are followed for all clinical trials.
Staff are kept current through on-going education, certification with the Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA) or the Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP), maintenance of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) standards, quality improvement, and learning from each other. This allows everyone to excel at patient care and research. Some of the specific areas of expertise include:
- Helping patients to understand clinical trials as an important option in planning their overall care
- Assessment of patients receiving cancer treatments not previously given to humans – patient safety is given the highest priority
- Complex management of two or more treatments given at the same time
- Detailed collection of information, such as side effects and other medications.
- Reporting important medical events promptly to the clinical trial sponsor and regulatory bodies
- Keeping patients informed of any new information about the clinical trial they are participating in
- Following patients to collect long-term information after the clinical trial treatment or intervention has stopped
We are devoted to providing the best care for our clinical trials patients as part of their cancer journey.