- Patients on clinical trials are watched very closely.
- Patients receive high quality care provided by a dedicated team of clinical trials nurses and oncologists trained to care for patients taking part in clinical trials.
- You will be screened to determine if you are eligible for the trial. There may be situations where the trial is not right for you.
- Checking for side effects is a large part of each visit. Each clinical trial has strict rules provided in the protocol to protect patient’s safety and wellbeing.
- Some new treatments or interventions may have unexpected side effects that may be worse than the known side effects of the standard treatment or intervention.
- Occasionally the new treatment or intervention may not be better or even as good as the standard.